I suggest Solr ...

A tool for analyzing search components

Now Solr has a great tool for analysis of text processing by different fields and types (you can see what every filter gets and outputs). It would be great to have a similar tool, which would show, what information every search component receives and outpus to the next search component. Though, maybe not so many people use search components, dependent on other search components...

4 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Artem LukaninArtem Lukanin shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

3 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Artem LukaninArtem Lukanin commented  · 

In case of the spellcheck component, the results can be fed to the query component if collate=true. I would like to see, what suggestions were fed to change collation options without debugging. But the spellcheck component invokes the query component internally, so you have not to place "query" after "spellcheck". The debug component you propose will not help in this exact case, I think.

I can make a component, that filters or reformats the output of the previous component. So I would like to see the response at each stage to see, what the component changed in the output.

• Alexandre RafalovitchAdminAlexandre Rafalovitch (Solr enthusiast, Solr Start) commented  · 

Good idea.

This could probably work by writing a Debug Component and sticking it in the custom chain before/after each normal component.

But what would you specifically debug? Query? Documents and Documents order? Anything else?

• Dmitry KanDmitry Kan commented  · 

perhaps it would be great to have some debug sort of "information flow" between components and at what stage what exactly happened?
        It would help debugging issues and, possibly, coming up with better ideas of search in general.

Feedback and Knowledge Base