I suggest Solr ...

Better documentation

It is difficult to decide, what options should be set, because the documentation does not list all nuances. The only way to understand now what's going on is to debug Solr. E.g. if I use AnalyzingSuggester or WFSTCompletionLookup, then spellcheck.onlyMorePopular specifies, whether to sort suggestions alphabetically (false) or by frequency (true). WTF?

13 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Artem LukaninArtem Lukanin shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

2 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Artem LukaninArtem Lukanin commented  · 

Well, possibly, this exact case can be solved by refactoring the code and adding a new option for sorting suggestions instead of using the existing option not appropriate for this. OK, I got a new idea to narrow the problem (see a separate suggestion).

• Alexandre RafalovitchAdminAlexandre Rafalovitch (Solr enthusiast, Solr Start) commented  · 

Better documentation is always a great idea and there could always be more documentation. Is there a way to narrow this idea down a little bit to make the goal more achievable (something that can be marked as 'done'). For example, a new Solr Reference guide has just been released http://bit.ly/13Zg5bK with 300+ pages. Also Jack Krupansky is writing a monster of a Solr Deep Dive book (1300+ pages so far): http://basetechnology.blogspot.ca/ . Is there a more specific way to address the problems than just more writing by one person or small group? Maybe a way to find everybody's writing who talks about particular part of Solr. Or a way to quickly generate configurations? Or something else? Thinking about this may feed into other ideas already in the contest or new ideas to add.

Feedback and Knowledge Base